While you’re at Sheffield Hallam, you’ll always have three advisers to provide you with support:
- A student support adviser to help when outside problems affect your studies
- An academic adviser to support your learning
- An employability adviser to help you choose and build the right career
You can also contact specialist teams to help you with the support you need
Disabled Student Support
Disabled student support offers two types of support:
- Software and equipment to help you with your work
- Learning contracts- Learning contracts recommend adjustments to help with your work and give relevant staff the information they need to support you
You can find out more about disabled student support and how to access it here
Disabled Students Allowance
Disabled students allowance is support to help you cover study-related costs caused by a disability, mental health difficulty or long term illness. You can apply for DSA from Student Finance England before you start your course. This is applied to separately from your maintenance/tuition fee loan. Disclosing a disability on your application does not impact the outcome. It is only asked so support can be recommended to you. It can take up to three months to get your DSA support in place so you should apply for it as soon as you have applied for a course, that way it’ll be arranged before you start your course. Find out more about DSA here.
A team of advisers from a range of faiths, who work to serve the spiritual and religious needs of students and staff at Sheffield Hallam, as well as providing bereavement support. The multi-faith chaplaincy offers pastoral care and support as well as providing a space for worship and discussion. You can find out more about the team here.